Friday 4 October 2013

Funeral Friday: Margaret Dalgleish

The Funeral Notices for Margaret Dalgleish nee Learmond. She was my boyfriend’s Great Great Grandmother.


She was born in about 1860 in Roxburgh, Scotland to parents George Learmond & Elizabeth Brock. In 1879, she married Jasper Dalgleish, also in Roxburgh. They arrived in Brisbane on September 14th, 1883 after travelling on the ship Nowshera. They had 11 children together. Margaret died on 7 December, 1910. She is buried in South Brisbane Cemetery with her son John Francis Dalgleish, my boyfriend’s Great Grandfather. Her husband Jasper died in 1942. His grave is unmarked, but he is either buried with her, or next to her.

Grave of Margaret Dalgleish. South Brisbane Cemetery, Qld.
Source: Australian Cemeteries Index
South Brisbane Cemetery is actually within walking distance of where I live. I went there for the first time a few weeks ago for a Ghost Tour. I definitely plan on going again soon to check out all of my boyfriend’s ancestors’ graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment