Monday 30 December 2013

A Cute Bunch.






This photo was taken in Corsicana, Texas sometime during the 1940s.

Left to Right - Grandad (Living), Walter Paul Kessinger (1930 - Unknown), June Kessinger (1932 - Unknown), James Calvin Renfrow (1926 - 1990), Launa Renfrow (1902 - 1999) & Vivian Renfrow (Living).

How they are all related?

  • Grandad & James Calvin Renfrow are brothers.
  • Walter Paul & June Kessinger are also siblings. 
  • Grandad & James are first cousins with Vivian.
  • Walter & June are the children of Cleo Renfrow, who is a first cousin of Grandad, James & Vivian. Therefore, Walter & June are their first cousins once removed.
  • Launa is Grandad, James & Vivian’s Aunt, and Great Aunt of Walter & June. 

Fact: Vivian is the only remaining first cousin of my Grandad’s, and I met her at a family reunion in 2011!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin. I'm Walter Paul Kessinger III, the eldest son of the pictured Walter Paul Kessinger, Jr. Both my dad and his sister June are still with us, although my dad has had some health issues recently.

    I've forwarded a link to your blog to one of my nieces who has an interest in genealogy, so she may send you some more information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      My Grandad is Ken Renfrow. Do you remember if you've met him?
      Yes, I think she liked my Facebook Page.

      Delete
  2. Hi Caitlin,
    When my dad saw your photo, he ID'd your grandfather as Kenneth. As far as I know, I've never met him. I have seen a picture of myself as a baby being held by my great-grandfather Luther Marvin Renfrow. My dad claims that afterwards, Luther Marvin told my mom, "No one ever trusted me to hold their baby before."
    Walter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I am going to email Grandad tonight and let him know you've contacted me. He is going to be delighted. This is definitely going to lift his spirits as he has just come home from hospital after having surgery. I'd love to know more about your part of the family. My email is caitlin.gow@hotmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete